Friday, May 28, 2010

Mellow Yellow!

I'll be honest, I am not a big fan of yellow.....but the strange thing is even though I don't have a spot of yellow in the house, I always always love and admire the happy cheerful sunny yellow rooms I see! You have to admit...nothing screams HAPPY like a dash of yellow! A friend of mine in Seattle painted her kitchen walls a snazzy yellow and then laid down black and white tiles for the flooring - the effect was electric! Everytime I ate there I felt I was in a Parisian cafe! There are so many shades of yellow.....bright lemon, soft sage, deep marigold, rich gold or light butter yellow! So take your pick and get inspired!
My friend Param's sunflower yellow fireplace wall in Arlington
A happy cheerful sunny bedroom
Some colorful yellow outdoor seating to add a splash among the green
A dining room wall in a marigold yellow
Lemon yellow walls for a living room
More lemon yellow paired with white curtains for an easy breezy summer feel

Images courtesy my friend Param, and various media sources and May 2010 Good Homes!

No comments: