Friday, May 14, 2010

Rain...yes, we FINALLY had rain last night!

I am so excited....last night the skies opened up and we had some rain! Yes, those drops of water that fall from the sky and cool things down....! OK, so maybe the temperature is a 100 degrees today instead of 113, but still.....it is a sure sign that the monsoons are just around the corner! Here is one of my favorite rain poems....I really feel like jumping around and standing on my head!

RAIN

I opened my eyes
And looked up at the rain,
And it dripped in my head
And flowed into my brain,
And all that I hear as I lie in my bed
Is the slishity-slosh of the rain in my head.

I step very softly,
I walk very slow,
I can't do a handstand--
I might overflow,
So pardon the wild crazy thing I just said--
I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.

by Shel Silverstein

No comments: