Saturday, May 8, 2010

Remembering Egypt


Its been 5 years now since my husband and I visited Egypt...but suddenly today I was reminded of our trip in the summer of 2005! Maybe its the intense heat here in Hyderabad, or it could be that I met someone last evening who had been to Egypt last year and we were comparing notes....well, whatever the reason, I dug up a few pics to remind myself of that fabulous trip....! Egypt was amazing, alluring, crowded, chaotic, mysterious, historical and most of all, hot hot hot! But we had an awesome trip and its definitely on the list of places to visit again. Enjoy....
Pyramids of Giza
Camel riding at the Pyramids with camel rider Ali
Cruising the Nile from Aswan to Luxor
Evening entertainment on board the ship...thats me to the right in the orange djellabayah
Valley of the Kings...near King Tut's tomb
My husband, myself and another "Ali"
Pottery shop
Close up of pottery
Going to see the Valley of the Queens
Valley of the Queens
Temple of Karnak at Luxor
The saladin Citadel of Cairo

Khan-el-Khalili Bazaar

No comments: